Post Mortem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Post Mortem

Horde Guild on Dunemaul-EU

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skorm
Newcomer

[Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior   [Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:55 pm

Hello there council and members from Post Mortem!
Be prepared because I'm going to make a pretty long application as I've a lot to tell you. Smile
If you don't mind I'll use my own application form. \o/

I'll start with some personal information;
Robert

The Netherlands

Hobbies/interests:
World of Warcraft is one of my biggest hobbies ofcourse, besides that I play some other games like Pro Evolution Soccer/GTA4/Halo 3 on my Xbox 360.
Except gaming I'd love to play soccer outside, watch some TV or make some stuff in Photoshop.

How am I?
It's hard to describe this stuff, but I'm pretty calm and patient. I've respect to everyone and try to be nice, at least if they show me respect too.

My English skills
I think they are good enough to make myself understandable. My grammar might suck sometimes, I think it's good enough to be able to communicate with others during and outside raids.
But it's up to you to judge if it's good enough or not ofcourse.

My Computer
AMD Athlon 3400+ processor.
1,5GB Memory
ATI X1800XT 512 MB Graphics card

I'm going to upgrade my processor and memory soon.

My connection
I don't know the stats of it, but I've a steady 60-100MS on Dunemaul.
I've maybe only 2-3 disconnects in a year or something, so it's good enough to be able to raid.

Communication
I've the following programms installed for communication with the guild:
- Ventrilo
- Ventrilo mix
- Teamspeak
And I have a microphone.

Addons
I've the following addons installed for a better performance in WoW.
- BigWigs
- Omen
- Recount
- oRA2
- Pitbull
- Cooldowncount
- Bartender

Got more addons ofcourse, but those are the important ones for raiding.
If you want me to have any more addons I'll install it ofcourse.

Ok let's talk about my character now;

Character name:
Skorm

Character class:
Warrior

Character race:
Tauren

Armory link:
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Skorm

About my gear
I know you require gear to do SSC/TK and I know my gear, except a few parts, is beneath that level.
I'm hoping, if I get accepted, that you could help me gear up with some Karazhan/ZA runs.

Anyways my current gear isn't that great, my arms gear contains a Lionheart Executioneer, Swiftsteel Shoulders, Swiftsteel Bracers, Shattered Sun Pendant of Might, Red Belt of Battle and Steelgrip Gauntlets the rest is just blue gear.

My tank gear is Helm of the Stalward Defender, Shattered Sun Pendant of Resolve, Dawnforged Defender, and the rest is blues. I also have the mats for Bracers of the Green Fortress, just need to find a crafter.

I can show my exact gear in game ofcourse.

About my talents
Right now I'm protection (8/5/48 ) if you look at my armory.
However I'm also often Arms (33/28 ).

What I'll spec if you invite me is completly up to you.
I'm willing to go Protection, Fury PewPew (17/44/0) or Arms Support (33/28), just what you need and I'll spec that and improve my gear for it.
They are all fun in my opinion, so I don't care, tanking is something I really like, but having your screen filled with numbers, buffs is also awesome. Smile

Now it's time to talk about the thing we are here; raiding!

My experience

Experience as mage:
Karazhan - Cleared
ZA - 3/6
Gruul's Lair - 2/2
Magtheridon's Lair - 1/1
SSC - 6/6
TK - 4/4
MH - 5/5
BT - 8/9 and some Illidan wipes.

This mage was located on Kilrogg Alliance.

Experience as warrior (protection):
Karazhan - Cleared
Gruul's Lair - 2/2
Magtheridon's Lair: - 1/1
SSC - 1/6 (Lurker Below)

I've raided with that warrior a week when my friend was on holiday.

Experience as shaman (restoration):
Karazhan - Cleared
Tk - 4/4
BT - 4/6

I've raided with that shaman when my friend was on holiday.

As you can see I've a lot of raiding experience in The Burning Crusade, the most as a DPS and a bit less as tank and healer.
However I'll watch videos and read tactics of the bosses that I haven't experienced yet as warrior to be as good prepared as possible.

Consumables
During a progression raid I take the following consumables:

- Flask of Fortification
- Flask of Relentless Assault
- Ironshield Potion
- Spicy Crawdad
- Super Healing Potion
- Bandages
- Nightmare Seed
- Adamantite Sharpening Stone
- Roasted Clefthoof
- Mighty Rage Potion
- Elixir of Mastery
- Elixir of Major Fortitude
- Spicy Hot Talbuk

Raid Availability

Monday 19:00 - 23:00 - Yes
Tuesday 20:00 - 23:00 - Yes
Wednesday 19:00 - 23:00 - Yes
Thursday 19:00 - 23:00 - Yes

Based on 4 days of raiding a week, how many days would you expect to be on?:
All of them, most of the time.

My role in raids

The role as a protection warrior is pretty obvious I guess.. Tank stuff!
Warriors are considered the best tanks in game because of their high HP, being able to be uncrushable almost all the time, a really high TPS when you have a lot of rage and some abilities to rescue you when things go wrong, the so called OH SHIT abilities.
That's the reason why I rolled a warrior, a tauren one. A huge warrior that is able to survive a big fat boss that hits like a train is awesome to play <3

Besides that warriors can DeePeeEs too ofcourse.
33/28 is a spec which has the amazing talent Blood Frenzy, that puts an 4% damage debuff for melee on the target, which is just awesome. Other than that we have an improved Demo Shout and an improved Battle Shout to support the raid.

Instead of slapping a boss with a big fat 2h we can also wear 2 little weapons (except you've glaives, I would consider them as huge Very Happy). 17/44/0 is a really awesome DPS build and can compare easily with rogue, mages, warlocks etc. if you have the right gear. (4/5k AP fzw?)

Do you have a good internet connection and computer? Are you able and willing to talk on ventrilo if needed? The latter might be more important if you are a main tank type for example.
I posted my spec in the first paragraph, and that's no problem for raiding.
I'm willing to talk on Ventrilo if that's needed, don't see any reason why not. Smile

Do you understand that loot distribution might require you put in some time before you see any rewards?
Yes, and I don't really care about loot as in terms of it's epicness, I see it as a way to make the progress trough the raiding content easier.
Ofcourse it's fun to have good gear, but I don't care if I lose it to someone else in the guild, as we are making progress together.

Please rank the following concepts in terms of their importance for you. Use the top of the list as most important, and the bottom as least important:

1) -Balancing warcraft with real life
2) -Having a friendly gaming atmosphere
3) -Having guild organized pvp activity
4) -Playing your alt

Balancing warcraft with real life is an obvious choice, I have to think about school and friends too, and I'm doing that pretty well I think, I'm making homework while farming or doing some other stuff so it's finished when there are raids.

A good atmosphere in the guild is pretty important for me too, it was the reason why I quit playing my mage, because the guild was boring and I never felt me involved with anything in the guild.

PvP is fun in my opinion, but it's not that important to me, just something to do outside raids.

I'm not really an Altaholic, I'm not really a fan of leveling so maybe I make an hunter in the future to make farming a bit easier but that's it I think.

Previous Guild(s):
<Shipment of Fail> - Just some fun guild of me and a friend of mine (Dreaver, I guess you know him?)
<Evil Riders> - Some guild I got invited to because I was guildless and they are planning to do Karazhan but people leave all the time so there is no way it's going to be something.
<Burst> - Fresh guild that mass recruited, but I'm afraid there is a lack of serieus people so that's why I'd rather join a guild that has already accomplished something in the 25 man raids and has people that are dedicated for some end game raiding.

Reason for leaving: Level headed reason, this is not to bash your old guild.
Lack of serious/geared/experienced people, so I'm looking for a more serious/dedicated guild.

My view on Raiding
I think we are approaching to the end now (Finally?) so I'll just talk about the most important thing (I guess?), my view on raiding.
When I started playing WoW I've heard of those 40 man raids to Molten Core and Blackwing Lair where you've to defeat big dragons and fire giants with a big group of people where everyone had his own role.
That was something I loved, and still do.
It's just awesome to have a close group of wow friends where you make progress trough dungeons, get better every single wipe and then finally kill the boss that cost you so much repairs, flasks and other stuff. That's just an awesome feeling.
I had this feeling when I was in a little guild progressing trough Karazhan on my mage, I was the mage classleader and was #1 DPSer together with my GM (Warlock) and that was awesome, every new boss kill was amazing to do.
However we couldn't get enough people to get to 25 man raids I decided to join a new guild, however I was there just a mage, nothing really important, I hardly know anyone in that guild as it was on a different server and new bosskills didn't felt any special to me.
After the guild disbanned I joined a guild that was in MH/BT and I got the same feeling again there, I was just a mage.
That's the reason I quit and rerolled here because I know a lot of people and this server has a way better ambiance.
I hope I can get the feeling I had in my Karazhan guild back, as that was awesome.

I'm a dedicated player, that does everything for better progress, and a tank fits best with that view on raiding, as they are the corner-stone of the guild and the progress, and it's really fun to be so important.
Because I'm that way I kinda expect people to also be dedicated, I hope you are that. Smile
As DPS I didn't had that, that's the reason why I rerolled a warrior now.

That was kinda everything I wanted to tell and I'll finish with your last question:
Make yourself stand out. In 1 compact paragraph tell us why we should pick you and the real reason you want to join us:
Because I'm a dedicated player, I'm willing to do everything for the guild and it's progress. I prepare myself for the raids by having all the consumables and read the tactics.
Besides that I'm a calm, friendly player who try to be nice to everyone and rarely get angry.
I know I'm undergeared, but due my other pluspoints I'm hoping you can make an exception for me and help me to gear up so I can raid together with you.

I want to join you because you are a fresh new guild, seem to be a nice, friendly guild but serious/dedicated enough to make a good progress.

----

Contact
In game: Skorm or Frisia (My bank alt)
Mail/msn: Sentenis@live.nl
Or just post here.

So that was it, been a really long application but I was pretty bored and had time to write this.
Thanks for reading my book.. eh application and I'm looking forward to your answer!

Greetings,

Skorm

(I've posted this application for Bridgeburners too and used some questions of them, I hope you don't mind that I'll keep it that, as it's a lot of effort and kinda useless to remove/change it all).
Back to top Go down
Tarook
Admin
Tarook

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior   [Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:25 pm

Skorm wrote:

Experience as mage:
Karazhan - Cleared
ZA - 3/6
Gruul's Lair - 2/2
Magtheridon's Lair - 1/1
SSC - 6/6
TK - 4/4
MH - 5/5
BT - 8/9 and some Illidan wipes.

This mage was located on Kilrogg Alliance.

Experience as warrior (protection):
Karazhan - Cleared
Gruul's Lair - 2/2
Magtheridon's Lair: - 1/1
SSC - 1/6 (Lurker Below)

I've raided with that warrior a week when my friend was on holiday.

Experience as shaman (restoration):
Karazhan - Cleared
Tk - 4/4
BT - 4/6

Your gear isn't good but the thing i have put in the quote has saved you.
Also that you took time to make it proves that you're not lazy which is good!
So now it comes for me to decide which specc i want you as. DPS or Tanking. You're definatly in.
Accepted as DPS since we need a DPS warr atm Wink
Back to top Go down
https://pmguild.forumotion.com
styltemar
(:;;:) SPIDER!

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior   [Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 11:51 pm

Really nice apply mate.
Back to top Go down
Littlejack
Going Good

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior   [Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:48 pm

How many years did u wrote this Apply ?Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Skorm
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior   [Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:02 pm

Littlejack wrote:
How many years did u wrote this Apply ?Very Happy
Haha. Very Happy
Took about 2-3 hours total work spread over a few days, just wrote a bit every time I was waiting for queue etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior   [Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Skorm - 70 Tauren Warrior
Page 1 of 1